Shift

Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!

Shift

A literate, shapeshifters roleplay forum.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is she a...small leopard?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 4:26 pm

A pair of pale, brown eyes shone through the shades of the surrounding trees. One paw in front of the other. Each small step left barely a mark in the cool grass. The figure of the small, leopard looking cat darted quickly and quietly through the foliage. And another step forward...
The sound of a snapping twig rang through the silence and Mira cursed under her breath. She stepped out of the shadows of the forest and made her way to the edge of the lake. The large body of fresh water sparkled in the light of the sun and reflected the surrounded beauty of the area. Mira's eyes grazed across the rippling water, watching fish jump up and land back in their home with a splash. 'Must be careful...can't eat a Shifter. They taste bad,' she thought, narrowing her eyes to focus. She bent her muzzle down, using her keen sense of hearing to locate her prey. In a flash of movement and a blur of brown fur and scaled, Mira emerged wet...but victorious. She ate the fish greedily, feeling her hunger being satisfied. It wasn't often she was able to come across a buffet and mindless fish. She grinned proudly, revealing her slightly bloodied fangs. She dipped her muzzle in the water, washing the blood from her maw. She arched her back, stretching her forepaws forward. Mira shook the cold water from her fur, deciding to turn back into her human form.
Mira sat there in silence. Her long, straight hair had similar coloring of her fur. It was streaked with black, blonde and brown. She brushed her long, roughly cut bangs away from her eyes with a sigh. Her small, petite figure made her look weak and fragile. However, her scowl and slight upturn of her nose told people otherwise. Her gaze flicked over to the Abandoned City in the distance. Was this her home? It was the best she could do at least. After a moment of sad dwelling on her lack of memory she shrugged her shoulders, leaned back on her hands and stared up at the sky. She watched the shadows of the birds flying above snake across the grass. A light breeze blew her hair a bit as she sat there. 'Another day...alone and clueless,' she thought with disdain. She shoved her pain away, hiding it behind another scowl and an annoyed sigh.
Mira flopped down onto her back, crossing her arms behind her head and shutting her pale brown eyes. "I just have to get through the day.." she muttered to herself. Her voice sounded like a sweet, pure bell. However, her lip piercing and rather hostile and unfriendly look didn't make her appear to be pure and sweet.

Grason Michel, the African Lion. South District. King of the Lion Shifters.
"..........I don't talk much.."

Mira Joella, The Indian Desert Cat. North District.
"What do you want?!"

Sean Millers The African Painted Dog. East District.
"Is there a motorcycle shop around here?...No I odn't know how to ride one, why does that matter?"

Bellina Maarx. The Fennec Fox. East District.
"Sure...I'll buy it for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shift.forummotion.com
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:05 pm

Large paw marks were left on the mud, softened by the rain, and the water had yet to be evaporated by the sun. Alex, in his animal form, was seen walking across the tightly packed forest, he could feel his black fur brushing past the trees that surrounded him. It wasn't exactly the place for him, he preferred the lake-- that's where he's headed to right now. The shortest way was through the forest, which was... Not the greatest place to be for a huge bear like him.

Worse part was, it was a tight forest, where trees were tightly around each other. Alex had to curve his body around, and it seemed difficult. Wild animals lingered in the forest, and he couldn't drop his guard by being in human form. Being a grizzly bear, however, an apex predator, would most likely promise his safety.

He could see a distant light, and smell the fresh lake water. It was a nice nature smell, and he loved it. He could smell something else too, though he couldn't describe it. Maybe an animal, it had a weird stench to it. Maybe it was just to him, or maybe whatever it was just stink in general. Brushing past the last of the trees, he saw a beautiful scene in front.

It was a lake, how it was formed he didn't know-- and it didn't matter. The end result is that it's there to use. It had lots of fish, a great meal. And being in animal form, he could just eat about anything raw, though his favorite meal was honey. Probably from his bear form. But he hated going through the bees, and getting it from human suppliers proved just as hard. Humans didn't welcome shape shifters, and his blood red eyes seemed just about to give everything away.

He could see a human figure, it was where the stench was from. He didn't mean to be offending or anything, just he, or she, just smelled really bad. A good nose was probably not a great feature, but at least he wasn't a dog-- they would get the worse of it. Or maybe it was a stink due to his animal form? He didn't know. Scanning the area and seeing no visible signs of threats, he returned to his human form.

At first sight, Alex's human form seemed like a plump man. But don't be deceived, the 'fat' that you see are just his muscle mass, hidden underneath a short sleeved t-shirt, coupled with checkered shirt, his jeans were ruined by weather, and being a shape shifter, he avoided going to the city to buy new ones. And plus, he had no money. He relied on the wild more than anything now.

He approached the girl cautiously, I mean, she could be human, and just might have a tazer to shock me until I faint. Not the brightest thing I'd want to face. He stopped in his tracks when he was a couple of meters away from the girl, he opened his mouth to speak. "Hello, fancy seeing you around here," He smiled. His blood red eyes might give the girl a wrong impression, but he meant no harm. He seemed like one of those wannabe white gangsters, except for his style of dressing. Maybe she would get the best information from that.

Elise Cloud, the Arctic Fox, East District,
"Are we that different from them?"

Alex Tierney, the Grizzly Bear, North District,
"I look aggressive don't I, that's not the case though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:13 pm

Mira glanced over at the boy with a scowl. "Not really that fancy...there's tons of Shifters here," she pointed out, shutting her pale brown eyes once again. Why the nonchalant comment? Even she could tell that he was a Sihfter. They all had the same scent, not exactly human and not exactly animal. We were freaks...hybrids...things that didn't belong.
Mira sat up slowly, removed her shoes and dipped her feet in the murky water. "I'm Mira..." she said simply. Her gaze quickly flicked over to Alex before turning back tot he water. She watched the ripples her feet had caused grow larger and larger until they settled back into the water as though they had never existed.

"What do you want?!"

"Is there a motorcycle shop around here?...No I odn't know how to ride one, why does that matter?"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:17 pm

Alex chuckled at her rather unwelcoming and emotionless response. Many shifters were like that. He didn't get why. Sure, humans didn't like them, many hunted. But that doesn't mean they need to act cold, right? He smiled again when she told Alex her name, an unusual response, being honest. I mean, giving someone their name when you're that cold towards them? Really now. "I'm Alex," He replied, the smile still visible on his lips. "You surprise me, really. I'm going to be honest... You're well, cold. Or that's what I see. And then you tell me your name. Cold but a bit polite? It seems pretty weird to me." He laughed at his direct comment, it might of offended her, but he was sure he'd be okay. Surely she could take a little joke.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:25 pm

A faint smiled flickered across Mira's face. 'Honesty...that's new,' she thought. She then frowned, shrugging her shoulders. "There can be more than one side to things.." she pointed out. Had she always acted like this? She wasn't sure... Mira shook her head. "The fact that you didn't think that maybe I have my reasons to act the way I do is rather simple minded," she retorted. Why did she always do that? 'Think before you talk!' she silently scolded herself. But it never did any good...She sighed and pulled her knees into her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs in an almost fetal position. "Sorry.." she mumbled, averting her gaze with a soft sigh.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:29 pm

"Well, like you've said before," He began speaking. "There's a lot of shifters around here. I've met quite many to be honest... And you see, most of them were cold, didn't bother with names. So it was just new to me. I didn't mean to offend you in away, but your apology is welcome." He gave her a smile, his eyes were bright and kind, though at the same time they seemed dangerous. Maybe it was the color. He looked toward the bright lake again, he could see fish jumping out, and landing back in with a soft splash. "Well, what brought you here either way?" He asked, his eyes turning toward Mira.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:31 pm

Mira shifted into her animal form. An Indian Desert Cat. She stretched out her forepaws, resting her muzzle on them with a sigh. 'I was hungry..' she answered, gesturing to the fish bones left from her kill.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 5:36 pm

"I see." He replied, the smile slowly faded from sight. "Well hope you enjoyed your meal." He replied, his tone was casual. "I like fish too." He pointed out. "But I'd avoid going for the kill... So I've recently changed my diet to honey. Which... Is not the brightest idea, with bees read to sting." He rubbed his hand at the thought, bad memories. He didn't want to think about how painful it was just for a little bit of honey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:18 pm

Mira grinned widely, her pale brown eyes shone a bit. "A bear not eating meat? Haven't heard of that..." she pointed out. Her grin showed her obvious amusement, although, she still kept a distant look in her eyes.
'I can't be that lonely little girl...I can't' she told herself silently.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:23 pm

"Hahaha, you could say I'm a vegetarian." His face showed an expression full of happiness, having a bright smile. You might think it's unusual for a guy with his strength and size, but he cared nothing of it. He was a shifter, everything normal in human's eyes were a totally different story in his.
He could see lip movements, though he couldn't make out what she said. "Did you say something?" He asked, the smile still visible but not as bright.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:25 pm

Mira averted her gaze. "I think that honey is going to your head...I said nothing," she lied. Her black and blonde streaked bangs hung in her face and her dark, cold expression took the place of her grin once again.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:29 pm

Alex shrugged, if she didn't want to say, she either had a reason or just plain didn't want to tell a stranger. He was used to it, and he wasn't going to press for it any further. "Mind if I sit beside you? Thanks." He laughed slightly, as he sat down beside Mira without waiting for a response.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:33 pm

Mira glanced over at Alex. "I can't exactly say no....you're much bigger than I am," she pointed out with a small sigh. She rested her chin on her knees, staring off across the water.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:41 pm

"Jeez, you make me sound like I'd hit you if you say no." He laughed, it was fun being around this girl. "But in my rulebook, one of the biggest rules-- never hit a girl. I can be proud of never of broken that rule." He smiled, hoping it would warm up her emotions. She seemed pretty empty. Being closer to the girl, he stared at her lightly with his bloody eyes. Looking closely, she was quite pretty. Her hair was nice, long, and the colors matched. But her personality didn't seem to suit it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:44 pm

Mira turned her pale brown gaze to Alex. "You hit me..I hit back," she pointed out with a grin. She laughed a bit. "You know...your eye color doesn't really match you. You'd think you'd be mean and aggressive or something," she pointed out, studying him curiously. How long had it been since she laughed? The sad part was...she couldn't remember.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:48 pm

"Hahaha, typical answer, if your voice was a little deeper, and your body and face a LOT more masculine, I'd think you were a guy starting to get aggressive!" He laughed, it had been a while since he had a care free conversation such as this. "I've been told that a lot, humans don't believe me though. I'm just a freak of nature to them. All of us." He replied, his smile faded. He disliked humans, it was old prejudice. Just because they were different didn't mean they had to be discriminated against.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:57 pm

Mira shook her head. "I don't think all humans are bad. Just because some are discriminating against us doesn't mean they all are. It's just as wrong for us to assume that as it is for them to discriminate," she pointed out with a frown.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 7:59 pm

"Maybe you're right." He sighed, he forgot about the other ones. Like his parents perhaps, if he had any. He couldn't remember anything more than the past year, that was when he first found the abandoned city. "But let's face it, there's not a lot of them..." He leaned back, he could feel the rocks jabbing into his back. "OW!" He yelped, sitting up immediately, rubbing his back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 9:42 pm

[color-beige]Mira grinned. "A rock? Well...maybe I would be able to say no to you," she pointed out with a bit of a grin. [/color]

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 9:50 pm

Alex sighed, the rock was rather unexpected. But then again, he was beside a lake, it was normal for weathered material to wash up onto the shore, he was stupid for not remembering. He chuckled at Mira's reply. "Ahh, it's okay, no need." He replied, smiling.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 10:11 pm

Mira shrugged her shoulders with a small sigh. She sighed, dipping her bare feet in the water. She then frowned. "I don't remember..." she said vaguely. She lowered her head. "I don't remember anything about myself. I made up my name...I don't know who I am or anything like that. That's why I am...the way I am," she explained, silently wondering why she had just said that.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 10:14 pm

Was this an odd coincidence? That was the first thought that ran through Alex's mind. Because he had no memories either. He only remembered his powers, and his name. Nothing else. It was strange, yet a terrible truth he had faced for the year he remembers. It was odd. Amnesia at such a sudden time. Maybe he had a head concussion? He didn't know. He placed his hand on Mira's shoulder, hoping it wouldn't freak her out, be began to speak. "You're not the only one... I can't remember anything either. Well, I remember when I first set foot in this city, and all the events after... But nothing before." He sighed. It was the first time he had told anyone, maybe this was meant to be a strong friendship? He didn't know, but right now he felt he could share anything with Mira.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 10:19 pm

Mira got a hopeful look in her eyes. Was it hopeful? She wasn't sure...but she certainly felt better. "You...." her voice trailed away and her gaze softened a bit. "You don't remember either?" she asked as though she couldn't believe it. She shook her head, resting her chin on her knees. "That feeling that you get? The one where you realize that you're alone in this world. That for one reason or another fate has decided to make your life more difficult and make things that much harder. It's a feeling of pure loneliness that I don't really care for..." she explained. Her voice was slightly distorted, since she was talking while her chin was on her knees.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 10:22 pm

Alex nodded at Mira's words. Every part of it was true. He was alone in this world. Left alone or not, or had he left, he didn't know. He couldn't remember. But with his personality, frankly it seemed people left him. Was he too carefree? He stopped thinking, it was the past. The past to never change, all he could hope for was a brighter future. "Alone huh..." He muttered. "That's right, alone since the time you remember. Nothing else. It's weird really..." His voice didn't seem cheerful anymore, sadness had swept into his tone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   August 20th 2010, 11:05 pm

Mira sighed, lifting her head to look at Alex as he spoke. "It is quite a difficult thing to deal with..." she muttered. She had found her way of dealing with it. Just act like you didn't care. Act as though it didn't matter. Act cold and unwelcoming. It hides the hurt of questions.
Mira shook her head, looking at Alex.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is she a...small leopard?   

Back to top Go down

Is she a...small leopard?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next